Tuesday 25 November 2008

Here in Le Car

Weirdo spur-of-the-moment second hand CD buy of the day award goes to this particular recording I bought around 2003 but which actually dates back to 2000 and is a kind of 'best of' US electronic duo Le Car who quite frankly I had never heard of and have never heard of since.
According to rym the duo, made up of Ian Clark and Adam Lee Miller (who they?) got together in 1995 although apparently disbanded in 1998.
The music here is fairly standard all minimalist electronic fayre which takes much from Foxx's Metamatic style with bits of Kraftwerk, early OMD and Depeche Mode thrown in here and there. Some tracks (nearly all instrumental) work better than others, Aluminum Rectangles and Motorway Sparks are sound enough (the latter also getting the remix treatment) although others such as Seventeenpointfive, Audiofile Five etc are tedious and unimgainative both in theit titles and in their substance. Short tracks such as Warm Humans and Beau Ideal may be nothing less than byte-size electro-doodlings but are now quite frankly dated and lack any kind of 'vintage' appeal.
But still, give it a spin and perhaps the more acute listener will find interesting both the electro-pop citations as well as sounds just crying out to be sampled and taken a few steps further. Drive on...

Le Car: sometimes they go to pull the blinds.



More info on Le Car

Download auto-biography

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, it's been removed. I'm begging you to re-upload this pleeeeeease

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Nice to know someone's reading.. Yes in fact I didn't renew my rapidshare account. I'll see if I still have the file and I'll put it somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

Hello friend: don't know if you're still there but I've added new links having re-uploaded files to a different site. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I suppose you have yet another person here that would looovvee to have this re-upped!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous - reuploaded for your listening pleasure.