Monday 12 January 2009

Schneider-los

Old news already i know but in the hope it might get me a few more hits I'll post the news about Florian Schneider officially leaving Kraftwerk, leaving just Ralf Hütter from the original line-up.
The thing that always gets me when I have to think about single Kraftwerk members is that I can never really put a face to the name, as they are all fairly anonymous. I had to Google-image Florian Schneider in order to identify which one he actually is (see pic left, I think), although I didn't quite have the same success with Ralf Hütter which actually only gave me two pics of the man by himself and, confusingly, a picture of one of the others..Karl Bartos?...and another Ralf Hütter who is not the Ralf Hütter.
Still I suppose enigmatic was always a pretty strong feature of Kraftwerk and long may they go on as such. I imagine the band now have three new members replacing Schneider, Bartos and, umm, Wolfgang Flür but I've no idea what their names are.




Kraftwerk: always game for a laugh.






Kraftwerk official site

Florian-fan blog

Ralf H appreciation blog

No comments: