Monday 30 March 2009

Maurice Jarre

French composer and musician Maurice Jarre has died at his Los Angeles home aged 84.
Jarre composed soundtracks and themes for many films including Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia and, more recently, Dead Poets Society, for which he won a British Academy Award, and Ghost.

If the surname rings a bell then Maurice was in fact father of electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre famous for his epic synthesiser based works such as Oxygène, Equinoxe and more recent pop oriented tracks such as C'est la Vie and Teo & Tea.


Thanks to benydebney for this selection of Maurice Jarre's work:




"One could say my life itself has been one long soundtrack. Music was my life, music brought me to life, and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz playing in my head and that only I can hear." - M. Jarre

No comments: