Thursday 30 December 2010

I Love 1980 - appendix 7

The ones that got away...

Just before the final instalment in the I Love 1980 series here's a few tracks (and albums) from 1980 which for one reason or another didn't quite make it to the prestigious top 30.

I'd also like to thank all our readers and those who've commented on the series over the past year, and also the numerous internet sites which have been invaluable in my research, particularly Like Punk Never Happened - the Smash Hits archive which came along to inspire me just as I was flagging a little; whoever is behind the wonderful Chart Stats site, the many Wikipedia pages and the various official or fan-based (usually the better ones) band and artist sites.

Here we go, 2-3-4...

  • Jon And Vangelis - I Hear You Now
  • Martha And The Muffins - Echo Beach
  • Genesis - Turn It On Again
  • The Undertones - My Perfect Cousin
  • Sky - Toccata
  • Mike Oldfield - QE2 (album)
  • Lipps Inc - Funky Town
  • Electric Light Orchestra - I'm Alive / Xanadu (with Olivia Newton John)
  • Splodgenessabounds - Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please
  • Yellow Magic Orchestra - Firecracker
  • Adam & The Ants - Ant Music
  • Madness - Embarrassment
  • Robert Palmer - Looking For Clues
  • Visage - Fade to Grey*
(* more of them in 1981....)


No comments: