Wednesday 5 January 2011

Mick Karn

I was upset to learn last night that Mick Karn had passed away, hopefully to a better life.
He had been ill for some time, and I am glad to have taken part in the recent "Nel cuore della Musica" fund-raising event for Mick and his family in Italy last September.

One of the things I remember most from the Japan concert I saw in 1983 was Mick's amazing bass playing and the way he glided around the stage like some kind of clock-work doll / robot... both extremely entertaining and a little disquieting at the same time. Much like his music.

Can't find too many words at the moment but here's just a selection of songs from Karn's chequered musical career that have given me pleasure in past years.

Cheers Mick



Alien, with Japan



Canton (live) with Japan


She's Got Claws, with Gary Numan



Wedding List live with Kate Bush



After a Fashion, with Midge Ure


The Judgement is the Mirror, with Dali's Car:



Sensitive:


Buoy, feat. David Sylvian




2 comments:

Flo's Blog said...

Now I'm listen to The Waking Hour by Dalis Car.

r.i.p. dear Mick

Flo's Blog said...

Now I'm listen to The Waking Hour by Dalis Car.

Sad News Today , Oh Buoy

r.i.p.